Ramblings of a Rubber Mouse

Friday, February 04, 2005

Bob Esponja

Okay, i don't get it. Relly, I don't get "Spongebob Squarepants." It has got to be one of the DUMBEST cartoons I've ever seen. Don't get me wrong: I don't think that all cartoons are just for kids. (I'm not talking about The Simpsons, either.) I like "Scooby-Doo," I LOVE "The Tick," and "Gargoyles" was okay. (I think that it would have been a lot better, if it had been specifically made for an older audience.) And yes, I'm not ashamed to say it: I like "The Powerpuff Girls." It really isn't just for kids. Yes, it's wholesome, and that's part of why I like it, but apart from that, a lot of the jokes would just pass over the heads of most younger viewers. (Like the entire "Beat-Alls" episode.)

Anyway... I've seen a bunch of S.B. cartoons, and never even came close to cracking a smile. I was bored the whole time. Maybe it was because I went in expecting so much, after having heard its praises trumpeted on every street corner and from the housetops, and then it was like: *meh.*

Of course, more than a few staunch supporters of S.B. didn't think "The Tick" was funny, so at least with a portion of the S.B.-lovers it's a matter of stupidity. But I refuse to belive that ALL S.B. watchers are dumb. So what is it, exactly?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home