Ramblings of a Rubber Mouse

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

¡LIBRE! ¡LIBRE!

Well... I'm done with school for the semester. Now I just gotta wait for grades to come in and get ready for this fall. You see, I'd been attending school here in my home town at a branch of KPC, which is a branch of UAA. (University of Alaska) But this fall I'll be headed down to BYU in Utah. Great language programs there, which is what I'm shooting for. I'm still undecided on my exact major, but I do want to learn more languages. I think I'll start with Italian and, if I have the time, German too. (As you've hopefully been able to tell, I already speak Spanish.)

But now, instead of school, I've got work to do. My family has a landscaping business here in our little town. We do most everything, but the large bulk of our work is divided between sod and mowing lawns. It's not too bad. It's nice exercise, and you get to spend a lot of time outdoors. It's very healthy. I like it. I mean, it's not always fun, but it's money, and it's better than working the fish docks.

So I've also been getting back into Blood Bowl a lot. It is, without a doubt, my single favorite game, of any sort, type or especie. Bar none. Unfortunately, there aren't a whole lot of players in town anymore. Ever since The Arctic Dragon (the local hobby shop) went out of business a while back, the gaming scene's just kinda died. But it is possible to find a couple of players out there still, so we're startin' up a league! Woo Hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home