Ramblings of a Rubber Mouse

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

¡Ai! ¡Lo siento!

My internet has been out for the past few days. Actually, it still is! So until it's back up and I can update from the comfort of my own tiny apartment, here's my current reading list:

Of Mice and Magic, by David Farland, the same guy who writes the Runelords series. It's meant for a more juvenile audience, and it shows. But it's a good read despite that. I'd suggest it to ages 9-15, and anyone else who's simply looking for a real quick read.

El Juego de Ender, por Orson Scott Card. Or, in other words, Ender's Game, in Spanish! I love it.

Mortalis, by R.A. Salvatore. It's my first time reading anything from the Demonwar saga. Having loved his Drizzt books, (I don't care if there are other characters, we all know that Drizzt is the only reason 99% of us read them,) I was a little surprised at how slow-paced the book is. It's still a great read. I would say it's better (perhaps far better) than any of his D&D stuff. It's just that the pacing is very slow and there is very little action.

Last of the Mohicans, by James Fenimore Cooper. A classic, to be sure. I myself am rather wary of the term "classic." (I personally find most "classics" to be rather boring, or just plain stupid. Very few live up to their name.) This is my first time reading the book, and to be honest, I'm reading it for a history assignment. I'm not very far into the book, but I find it to be written in a rather poetic style, and I like it. I'm not going to make any judgements just yet, but so far, so good.

I have a few books lined up for after these, the first and foremost being Elantris, by Brandon Sanderson, but I'll wait until Christmas break before I start any really heavy reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home