Ramblings of a Rubber Mouse

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Medianoche

I'm writing this at about 12:20 (give or take a few minutes) because I know if I don't write something, right now, before gong to bed, i'll skip this week. I don't want to do that, so please excuse my rambling in advance. (Although, technically you're here for the rambling. Or you're visiting for the first time. Either way you really don't need to excuse anything, since that's how I'm trying to write. So I guess I should say "excuse the even worse rambling.")

Anyway. Work continues. We took on ANOTHER lawn contract for the summer, after we're already over-full. Ugh. And come this next Wednesday we're starting a 10k square-foot sod installation. Oof! It's going to be good money, but boy will it be hard work. Don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining... Much... I really need the workout and we need jobs like this to actually make money during the summer. Plus, since it's a family business, the more money that the family makes = the more money I get for college. I've very roughly figured out that if we can earn enough for me to earn 6 grand this summer I can get by another year without resorting to student loans. *crosses fingers* But, in order for us to make that much money, we need huge sod jobs like this one we've got next week. Hence, I may sound like I'm complaining, but I'm really not. I just like to complain. Like, well, pretty much everyone else in the world.

Hehe... I'm such a cynic. I really shouldn't be, but... well... I dunno. I don't even have so much as a lame excuse as to why I don't stop being a cynic. (Maybe it's because I'm more of a realist than a cynic, but also being an optimist, I simply don't want to admit it.) Who knows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home