Ramblings of a Rubber Mouse

Sunday, June 25, 2006

El último día de la semana.

Well, I almost missed this weeks post. Mostly because not much is happening. Yes, I know that we Americans consider Saturday to be the last day of the week, but in Spain, Sunday is considered the last day of the week. So by Spanish standards, I'm still on time. HAH! In your faces!

Let's see... what DID happen this week?

I got discs 3 and 4 of Fullmetal Alchemist from Amazon.com. (*does happy dance*) And I also broke down and bought City of Villians and three months of playtime. (Which equals 4 months, including the free month that comes with the game.) Now, I must explain: I NEVER intended to buy ANY MMORPG, ever. But I started getting all of these 10 day/2-week free trials. It started with WoW. Yes, THAT WoW. I figured, I got two weeks, and it's the biggest thing there is out there. I'm a gamer, so I might as well try it out. I did, found it somewhat addictive, but was able to put it down after two weeks. Next was City of Heroes. I found it rather fun and somewhat addictive as well, but was, again, able toput it down. I tried out a few others, but none were able to keep my attention like those two.
Then came the City of Villians free trial. Ooooh, playing THAT was a mistake. Since CoH and CoV have the same subscription, when I played the free trial for CoV I was also able to continue my CoH trial. I was reminded of how fun CoH was, and loved CoV just as much. Only, this time, I liked it even more. I can't explain it, but it's like that extra 10 days just clenched it for me. I was able to put it down, but I didn't want to leave it down. So I broke down, and bought an online code for CoV, allowing me to play both games.

Such is the fall of a man who swore never to pay for playing an MMO. CURSE YOU FREE TRIALS! CUUUUURSE YOUUUUUUU!!! They sucked me in, and took my money, and made me glad of it. The moral of the story is: Free trials are EVIL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home