Ramblings of a Rubber Mouse

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Las hermanas son muy molestosas.

Again, a relatively uneventful week. My niece had a birthday, she's now seven years old. This is my OTHER niece. The one that doesn't want to take over the world. (Why she doesn't I'll never really understand.) I went and saw "Akeelah and the Bee." It was a really, really good movie. Good messages, funny and it broke basically every Hollywood convention. There were at least 3 places in the movie where I was thinking to myself: "Okay, this is going to happen, because it's what always happens in Hollywood movies." And, to the movie's credit, it did something else. Go watch it. It's worth it.

4th of July is this week. The holiday to celebrate why the U.S.A. is better than everyone else. LOL! Seriously though, it's a great chance to celebrate a great country. Sure, it's not perfect, but despite all of its flaws, it really is one of the best, (if not the best,) countries out there. Plus, I get part of the day off of work! It's hard to beat that.

My birthday is Saturday. I'll be 24.

...
...
...

Dang. Being 24 and unmarried is practically a sin in my church. I mean, it's NOT a sin, but there are waaaaay too many freaks out there who treat it that way. My sisters aren't among that crowd, but that's not a blessing since they have some sort of need to see me married anyway, and they WON'T. FREEKING. LEAVE. ME. ALONE. If the conversation gets even anywhere near dating or relationships at all, they start getting on my case and try to get me to let them set me up with complete strangers. (Urge to kill, rising.) I just want to yell at them: "Listen, it's not that I don't want to get married... I do. But I want to do it on my own fraking time. And that includes actually knowing someone, and not just marrying them because my sister wants me to."
Ugh.
*frustrated sigh*

Anyway. I should stop ranting in case one of my sisters is reading. So... that's the reason I try and avoid such conversations with my sisters.

On a happier note... ummm... uhhh... hmmm... Yeah. I reached level 20 on my main character for City of Heroes. I also beat Oblivion. Oh, yeah. I need to talk about how freeking awesome Oblivion is. I'll do it this coming week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home